Thursday, November 8, 2012

Heading in the right direction

     After a few weeks of looking at our option between renting a place for a while or buying right away we've decided to rent.  I have been commuting back and forth for work and Kelli has been packing up and manning the fort with all of our animals.  In my travels for work I have been inside a couple homes with a realtor and I have quickly realized that the indecisiveness Kelli and I share, combined with the ample supply of houses on the market that closely match our criteria, that we need to rent for a while first so we can take our time for the next house we buy.  
     I scoured the internet and drove through countless numbers of neighborhoods in search of a rental that would accept our small zoo of animals we have.  After finding two houses that would work and looking at them with the help of my mother I felt like we were heading in the right direction.  These houses were both listed through a property management company however and they felt it necessary to have our complete bank account numbers, we had to agree to disagree on this issue as we didn't feel too comfortable giving our numbers out to anyone other than an employer who wants to direct deposit checks into it, so those two houses were out.  Meanwhile Kelli had found a house for rent on Craigslist that she wanted me to look into, I called the lady and tried to set up a time to look at it, she never returned my phone call though so I figured it was already taken and I headed home to Missoula for the weekend.  I got a phone call the next day from the lady with the house apologizing for not returning my call, she was at the hospital all night welcoming her first grandchild into this world, a legitimate excuse I guess:)!
     So once the new baby was home and safe and I was back in town we set up a showing and it is perfect, we only had one major criteria to meet in that it would take all of our animals!  We agreed to a six month lease and hopefully will be able to move in by the end of the month!  The six month lease will be perfect as we will be able to check out every little bit of the area before we decide to buy!  
     The last few weeks have been a little crazy in our house for sure, but Kelli keeps telling me that we are going to reach a peak in the roller coaster at some point and everything will be on the homestretch from there, I feel like now that we have an actual forwarding address to go to that we might be there!  We might be finally heading in the right direction!!

Remember, God has a plan for all of us, the hard part is having the patience to allow it to happen!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo...how far is your place from T-Bug & J-Bird....& Nann GG & Action?

    ReplyDelete