Saturday, February 15, 2014

Reason #43

     It's been a while since I posted another reason I love Kelli and I can't think of a better time to do it than just after Vallentines day.  So here is reason #43 why I love this girl, she accepts me for me!  I know that may sound pretty simple but far too often I don't pay enough attention to just how much she loves me for who I am now and not who she hopes I will be someday.  I often tell people that I don't look good on paper, which is very true, but Kelli looks past all of my issues from the past and see's me for who I am today.

    So when I expressed a desire to volunteer on these habitat projects for the month of February, instead of complaining that they will take up valuable time on the weekends she accepted my desire and understood why I wanted to do it.  Even yesterday, when she had the day off work on Vallentines day, she didn't complain that I had to work on the Habitat project. Instead she patiently waited for me to get home and we had the entire evening to enjoy each other's company.

     So I encourage each of you to take a minute and think about all that your significant other does for you on a daily basis.  I know it's easy to get caught up in the pace of life and take much of these little things for granted, but we all need to make the time to think about it and then express our appreciation to our loved ones for what they do.  It doesn't matter if it's your spouse, who your dating, best friend, sibling, parents, or anyone else, we all have at least one person in our lives who supports our every move and that person needs to know we appreciate them for their support as much as we need it!

Remember, one day you will look back and realize that the little things in life were actually the big things!

No comments:

Post a Comment