Thursday, July 24, 2014

Enjoy all the days!

     Last week I had another birthday and many of you would probably agree with me when I say that the older I get the more these days seem to happen!:). Every year my family finds the way to my heart through my love of ice cream cake and other sweets, but it turns out each year there are more candles on these deserts and I just don't think that's very fair:).  Every year I try to convince Kelli that instead of one day of fun that I am entitled to an entire birthday week!  Kelli, being the much wiser half of our team, came up with a far better idea than my birthday week.  She said instead of making your birthday a special day where you attempt to cram in as many fun activities as possible, why not treat EVERY day like your birthday and do something fun every day of the year!!  This of course sounded like a fantastic idea to me!  

     We do a fairly good job of this right now but her point was why wait to do that one special thing on a special day, aren't they all just as special as the rest?  She makes a very valid point, why hold off on taking that trip to the ocean, or playing that really nice golf course, or going out to that fancy dinner, for that one special day each year when you could do it any day of the year!?  None of us have any more of an idea than the next of what will happen from day to day so why not live each one to the fullest?  Kelli is absolutely right when she says that every single day we have on this earth is a special one so we better live them like they are!:)

This newfound philosophy of ours is why a couple days after my birthday I got online and made a tee time for that "once in a lifetime" type golf course!:). I'm going to be in Dallas in a couple weeks for a training so I figured I better take advantage of being in the hometown of my beloved Cowboys by taking in a round of golf on the worlds only NFL themed golf course, Cowboys Golf Club!!  From the replica of five Lombardi trophies to the blue stars in the middle of the fairway, I look forward to this round of golf more than possibly any other round I've ever played in my entire life!  Having my dad join me, a devout Minnesota Vikings fan, will only make the experience that much more enjoyable.  I look forward to this being just one of many special days to come!

Remember, it's too easy to forget just how special each and every day really is, don't lose sight of how lucky we all are just to have another day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment