Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy customer

     Just in case you haven't heard, Kelli and I cancelled our dish service back in May, which means I have to plan ahead if I hope to watch my beloved Cowboys games this season!  When we decided to cancel it I had no problem though because living up here in Seahawk, Viking, Packer, nation we only get to view about four games a year anyway!  The fact that the  Seahawks-Rams game is televised over the Cowboys-Eagles game simply because of geographical preference will never make sense to me!  So for the first game of the year we headed down to the Dobsons for some steak and a well received victory from the 'Boys!  
     Tuesday and Wednesday were exceptionally bad days at work, you know the kind where nothing seems to go right at all, and I made the mistake of telling Kelli that I could handle bad days at work if it means the trade off is a Cowboys win:)  Well the work week kept up it's end of the deal as I swear I was under more trailer houses than real houses, but for the sake of my own personal sanity I won't relive the work week again!
     Instead I will focus on the positives, that's what an optimist is supposed to do right:)  So when I got back to the shop yesterday afternoon I went to get into my personal pick-up and noticed my back passenger side tire was about half flat!  I know what your thinking, I thought he was going to focus on the positives, don't worry, I am.  I grabbed the air compressor and pumped the tire back up then called Bitteroot Ford, where we bought the tires, and asked them if they did free flat repairs on the tires they sell.  They told me of course they do and told me to bring it down.  When I got to the dealership I went into the service desk and explained my issue and he looked at his schedule and told me "Sorry, I don't have anyone here right now who can do that".  Needless to say I was slightly agitated!  I went into a small rant on why the heck they told me to come down if they didn't have any tire guys there, and asked him if I was supposed to believe that the technicians he had there could rebuild a motor but were incapable of busting a simple tire!  I nearly offered to do it myself using their tools!  Surely that would have ended in disaster, but I was a little upset and willing to try to prove a point.
     So I stormed out of Bitteroot Ford, remembering that when we bought the tires we had a similar experience and vowed to never use them again, and drove down the street to Les Schwab.  I'm sure you've all heard their latest ad campaign using real stories to depict how great of a service they provide, I figured if I was going to have to pay for a repair I might as well give them a shot.  Well they treated me with the best customer service possible from the start!  I told the guy about my experience down the road and he tried to hide his smile and simply said, "we hear that one a lot".  They wheeled my truck back, pulled the screw out of it, made the repair and when I went to pay the guy told me this one was on them!  Now granted it was only going to be a $16 repair, but if your wondering how to improve on return customers take a page out of the Les Schwab book, they took a ticked off customer and completely turned his day around!  I can tell you this, we won't have any questions about where to buy tires ever again!  
     So with the work week behind us and no plans for the weekend, we look forward to a couple of days to unwind and recharge for another busy week!  Kelli starts a new job on Wednesday, she was putting in more hours than I was at work so she's going back to hygiene part time so she'll have the same income with much less hours!  She's excited about it and looking forward to utilizing the degree she worked so hard for!  Just two days after she starts her new job the Ralstons and us our heading West to Seattle to watch the Cowboys!!  I haven't seen the 'Boys live since Action took us to the game in Arizona, that must have been about 1994!  I still remember that day and how giddy I was and I fully expect the same level of excitement next Sunday, I would love to see another win so I guess I better mentally prepare myself for another week spent underneath trailers!  Oh well, it's totally worth it!:)

Remember, if you stop and think about it, even your worst of days have good moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment