Sunday, June 30, 2013

No disappointment!

     As we enter the month of July so far there has been no disappointment at all in our summer of fun!!  Even though the weather has caused my work to get busier and busier with more claims coming in daily it seems like, we still have found time to get out and have tons of fun on the weekends! 
     Last weekend we were invited by our friends the Ralstons to spend a night on Hailey's parents boat which was in the Bellingham harbor.  We jumped at the chance since we did this last summer with them on a different boat on Flathead and it was awesome!  Kelli said sleeping on a boat is so much fun because the gentle rocking of the boat form the waves keeps you sleeping like a baby!  We had an absolute blast hanging out with good friends, ate a great meal at Anthony's, and as Kelli would put it slept like babies!
                                             "Yacht Server", our lodging for the night
                                            Captain Mooley and his first mate:)
     I must have slept too good cause I got up on Sunday morning at 4:45 wide awake and ready for the day.  So I snuck out of the boat and took a walk over to a tiny peninsula on the opposite side of the harbor which had a small park with a fisherman's memorial on it.  I was also in search of a cup of coffee:)  The fisherman's memorial was pretty neat, I was shocked to find out that the most recent death on the plaque was from 2009!  I guess the reality shows don't lie, it truly is one of the most dangerous jobs out there!  I spent a good hour sitting on a bench overlooking the ocean thanking God for all that he has given me in my life, I feel more blessed each day and experiences like that morning make me feel like I'm the luckiest man alive.  The only thing that made that morning better was Kelli waking up and joining me out on the point, and I finally found that cup of coffee!:)
                                        A shipping container between me and the San Juan's

     On a morning like this when I am the only one around I can't help but feel like God created this sunrise to only be seen by my eyes!  Almost as soon as I saw another person up moving around the clouds rolled in and the sun disappeared.
     Overall the weekend was a great time, one that we both hope to duplicate again before the summer is out!  Maybe next time Hailey's parents can join us and we can take the boat out to sea! 
     As I'm writing this I'm getting ready to go back down to Hoopfest, the biggest 3 on 3 tournament in the world, to watch my nephew Christian play another game.  Kelli and I spent the whole day down there yesterday watching not only Christian but his dad, my cousin Jamie, and boy did we get a show!  Not only was the basketball exciting so was the weather!  The weather man's predicted forecast of 90 and sun failed as we saw more rain than sunshine throughout the day.  Never the less it was a great time and we had ton's of fun spending the day with Jamie and his kids as well as my Aunt Linda.  Unfortunately Jamie's team lost their first two games but Christian's team went 2-1 on the day, Christian even hit the game winning three late in the evening yesterday!  It looks like the weather man has a better chance at success today so hopefully the boy's teams play well and have their own success!  

Remember, None of us know how long we'll be here so fun isn't an option, it's a requirement! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment