Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Fun!

     Well after a couple weeks, here I am getting ready to go board a plane again bound for Klamath Falls, OR for work, and I am finally over the events that caused my last little outburst on this blog about our justice system:)  Now I am on to bigger and far more positive things, like summer fun!
     I figured I'd update this thing with monthly recaps of all the fun things we've been blessed to be able to enjoy so far:)  Through the halfway point June has already been full of good times!  A couple weeks ago Kelli and I got to put the canoe on the water for the first time as we took it to the lake mom and dad live on, Shelley Lake.  Our tour guides, GG and Daisey took us around the entire lake, including pointing us in the direction of the turtles favorite sunning rock.  Unfortunately the turtles were nowhere to be seen, but we had a blast anyhow!
     Just days after our time on the water, we celebrated both Kashi and Duchess's birthday.  Since we don't have any two legged kids yet we get to spoil our dogs a bit on their birthdays, something that I don't think will change even after we have a baby.  Their birthdays are a day apart, just like Jill and I, so we celebrated them together by taking them on about a 5 mile hike which was capped off by a doggy biscotti and a thorough round of fetch in the backyard!  It's hard to believe that these two are 10 and 11 already!  It seems like just yesterday that I brought the curled up tiny ball of black fur home that was Duchess.  I never thought the day would come where either of them slowed down at all, especially Duch, but as they both enter their senior years they seem to spend more and more time curled up sleeping, just as they did as puppies!
                                                             Kashi-10    Duchess-11
                                                        Duchess-2 months old
     Last weekend was the latest installment of fun as Kelli's parents came over to spend Fathers day weekend with us.  We had a great time hanging out and showing them all that we've done to the hose since the last time they saw it we were moving in.  Then on Sunday the girls shopped until they dropped and Dan and I took to the north fork of the Coeur D Alene river in search of some cutthroat trout!  Even though it was more of an exploratory trip, since neither of us had fished it before, we had a blast and even had a couple chances at fish!  This time around though the cutties were smarter than we were and we didn't land any thing.  It's a beautiful little river though and I know we'll be back again with better results:)
                                                               Dan working a seam     So with this month only half over I eagerly look forward to even more fun to be had!  I simply can't wait for some of the stuff we have planned, and summer doesn't even officially start for 2 more days!!  I hope you all are getting out and having just as much fun during your summer as we are!

Remember, he who rises first does not always catch the most fish, but he most likely will have the best chance to:)




No comments:

Post a Comment