Monday, July 29, 2013

Almost time for school!

     I swear it seems like every time I blink another week goes by this summer!  I don't know if its because were in a new town and have so much we want to go see and do, or if it's cause were having so much fun, but the time is just flying by!  On some level I feel like a kid again, remember when on the last day of school you thought 3 months off was the greatest thing in the world and then those same 3 months blew by like a storm and you had to go back to school much sooner than you'd hoped, that's kind of how this summer has felt.  Here we are on the verge of heading into August and I feel like June was just starting yesterday!  I guess this means we'll just have to soak up the most from each day from here on out until the leaves fall.
     This last weekend we did our best to soak it all up as we got invited out to Coeur D Alene lake to hangout with some friends of ours from Missoula.  They had their new ski boat on the water and were camping for the weekend and Kelli and I went out to spend the evening with them.  We had a blast sitting around the campfire getting caught up with friends, getting to know some new ones, and of course sharing a few stories:)  I told Kelli on the way home that I feel more relaxed around a campfire than I do the ocean, she thought that was the craziest comment she's ever heard until she realized it's probably because I'm a bit of a story teller!  She's probably right but either way it was extremely relaxing and we had a ball!
     Our time at the lake got me thinking and I think we have at least one more camping trip planned for the summer, but I hope we can squeeze in a few more.  I enjoy sitting around the campfire so much that I don't want the summer to come to an end without being able to have as many campfires as possible!  I know we can always have a fire in the backyard, or go out to the Nagles so Tatum can teach me how to make the perfect smore, but you just can't beat the tranquility surrounding a campfire in the woods!  When the only other sounds you hear are those of your neighbor campers and nature it truly is difficult not to become totally relaxed!  Of course it always helps if your steps away from a body of water to dream of cooling off in the next morning:) 
     As our summers come to a close I hope you all soak up the most of each and every day, cause it wont be long and we'll all have to go back to school!

Remember, every one of us can learn a lot about the important things in life from a 4 year old:)

No comments:

Post a Comment