Monday, June 2, 2014

Movie stars!!

    Have you ever had a weekend that felt like you were in a movie?  I did this past weekend and it was so much fun I hope to replicate it many more times this summer!!  Nothing abnormally special happened, just a series of events that all felt right.  It all started with another t-ball game, I've been helping Jill coach Tatums team this year and we have another game each Friday night.  Tatum had a birthday party to attend so she didn't play this week so Kelli decided to stay home and we made plans to meet at the park after the game.  Manito park, which is just a few blocks from our house, has music in the park every Friday night through the summer and last weekend was the kick off.  My first moment of feeling like we were in a movie came as I walked past the small pond in the park admiring the baby ducks that had just arrived.  I made my way to the small hill in front of the Park Bench Grill and sat down to listen to some music while I waited for Kelli to get there.  After waiting for about two songs I looked up and the sun was shining through the tall trees, forcing me to squint my eyes as they met the most beautiful girl in the park making her way towards me!  As she walked over to me I stood up and smiled as she walked her way right into my arms.  

     After we ordered some dinner from the grill we laid there on the hillside for the next couple hours, soaking up the good music and relishing each other's company.  Just a short while after we walked back in the house we were invited to ice cream at a new place downtown with some friends, ice cream is always the perfect way to end a great night!
    The next morning we slept in for a bit and Jill came up to the hill so we could do our long run for the week, her and I are training for a half marathon and each Saturday is our long run, this week was 8 miles!  So if this past weekend was a theatrical version of our lives this time would be reserved for intermission!  As fun as it is to run on the hill and know that we're getting that much closer to our goal, running that far is rough!!:).  On the bright side though the ice cream I'd had the previous night was long gone after the run!  Once that was behind us though we took care of a few minor little house projects that had been lingering and spent a little quality time with our dogs.  We went for a long walk then sat in the backyard playing fetch, petting heads, getting Kashi kisses, and BBQing!  It was such a relaxing Saturday of soaking up the sun, we stayed outside right up until there was no more vitamin D left in the air.

     Sunday brought with it a new experience, we tried a new church which is a sister church of the one we normally go to.  It's up here on the hill, within walking distance of home, and it was pretty neat!  We both thoroughly enjoyed the message and left feeling recharged for the week!  We went to the book store next and after we got home we walked down to the park with a blanket to read under the days new dose of vitamin D.  We read for a while then went up to a local market to pick up some bread, cheese, grapes, and dessert for yet another backyard picnic.  As we sat at the picnic table in the shade and I looked across the table, I couldn't help but show the same smile I had shown in the park on Friday as I truly felt blessed to be dining with such a stunning woman!  Each time we spend a weekend like this one where we don't really leave a 20 block radius and have so much fun, I am reminded of how lucky I am to be in this life.  And when the leading lady of my life's "movie" is so beautiful and fun to be with, how could this life not feel like a movie?!  Kelli really likes looking at the baby ducks each spring and we wrapped up our weekend a little late, this evening, by running into a family of ducks in the pond near the restaurant we ate dinner at tonight.  As I watched Kelli's face light up while she watched the babies swim around I couldn't help but smile and put my arm around her. The show must go on:)

Remember, sometimes the most memorable moments in life happen when you least expect them to!

No comments:

Post a Comment