Saturday, May 10, 2014

Crazy night!


     There truly is never a dull moment in my life.  Two nights ago I was seconds away from leaving for an AA meeting and Kelli came running over to me to tell me that Kashi had a squirrel pinned down in the backyard.  When I went outside to investigate I called Kashi off of it and put her in the garage, to my surprise the squirrel hadn't moved!  He must have fallen out of a tree cause he had at least one broken leg and could hardly move.  When I went inside to tell Kelli about it she asked me to take a closer look to see just how bad he was injured while she tried to search for a place we coul take him.  When I got back outside he tried to move away from me and I could tell he clearly had too many injuries to repair, he was trying to work his way under our ground level deck so I tried to pull him back into the middle of the yard until I figured out how I was going to put him out of his misery.  As soon as I grabbed his tail, with leather gloves on just in case, the just in case happened as he snapped around and latched onto my right hand!  He bit down on my index finger and before I could pull him off he bit through my glove!  I flung him to the ground and we both stood there kind of dazed from the incident.

     Once things settled down I put the little guy out of his misery and immediately called urgent care to see what I should do about my wound.  The first call they told me to go straight to the emergency room, even though they had never heard of this happening before!  So I called a different urgent care and they told me to keep an eye on it and call my regular doctor in the morning.  The majority of the rest of the evening was spent researching what can happen after a squirrel bite and to my surprise there's not too much that can!  So I've kept an eye on it and so far so good, I just hope I don't turn into Squirrel Man!

     Just about the time things start seeming fairly normal around this place something like that happens and we get right back on track!:).  I mean who else would have the only squirrel ever known to fall out of a tree in his yard but me?!  

Remember, sometimes being a good husband means taking on a wild animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment