Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A true test!

     Kelli and I walked into our friends, Bryant and Haileys, last night with our Cowboys gear in full flair and eager to watch Americas team take on the Bears in Monday night football!  Hailey prepared a delicious salad for dinner and as we filled our stomachs, kick off began and hopes were at an all time high for the night!  
     You see there are two types of Dallas Cowboy fans in the world, there are the fans who have a closet full of jerseys but only bring it out on game day and if the team is doing well, then there are the types like myself and Bryant who wear the gear all year long and maintain faith in our team no matter the circumstances!  Every one who falls into the second category is exactly like I am while watching a game, we begin with high expectations and as the game progresses we start to loose a little hope but our faith for our team remains strong.  
     Shortly after halftime Tony Romo was stripped of the football while trying to escape a sack and it fell right into the arms of the Bears linebacker who returned it for a touchdown.  Hopes were officially crushed from here on.  The Bears went on to win easily and my emotions had been exhausted to the point of staring at the television quietly in disbelief.  After the game we drove home and Kelli found herself in an all too familiar role, trying to comfort me following another loss, and I told her that I think my Romo jersey might be bad luck.  Some people would have called me crazy for saying this but she's known me long enough to know that I am highly superstitious when it comes to the Cowboys, so she understood when I told her I'm throwing it away.  So when we got home I immediately took off the shirt and threw it in the garbage, I imagined the garbage man laughing in the morning when he notices whats in the  can, although finding Cowboys gear in the trash following a game probably isn't that uncommon.
     When I came inside Kelli told me one more time not to worry, it's still early in the season and I told her I wasn't worried, that my team was going to be just fine!  It was then that I realized something, this has all been a test.  I told Kelli I think God has discovered the most difficult test ever for an optimist, make him or her a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan!  It stretches me to my limits almost every game but I remain optimistic that we are the team to beat, not only in the NFC east, but in the whole league!  I am already planning my true blue fan club Super Bowl party, I think I might be passing the test so far:)

Remember, GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment