Friday, November 22, 2013

Fridays!

     Man how I love Fridays!  I swear if I have one day that is more succeptable to crazy things happening than any other it's Friday.  This week I thought maybe I would be getting a good day today as yesterday Duchess had surgery to remove a tumor from her eyelid and not only did the procedure go very well, she is recovering at a record pace!  The doctor said she'd be pretty groggy and slow moving for at least two days but she was back to full speed by the time she went to bed last night!  So with the weeks biggest hurdle behind us I thought today would be pretty mellow. 

     My theory was initially busted right away this morning when I went to fill the girls water dish the faucet that I normally get the water from was frozen solid!  Our house has two outside faucets and neither one is frost free, which means they are exposed to the elements unless you shut the water off to them.  So I went dounstairs and tried to do just that but the gate valve that shuts it off is seized up and wouldn't budge.  I had to get going for work so I decided to resolve my frozen water issue later, in hopes that it would warm up enough to not split the line and flood my basement!

     Seconds after arriving at dads for work, I took a bite out of a cookie mother had set out for us and a large chunk of one of my teeth came off with it!!  Kelli's obviously my go to for dental advice so I texted her to tell her the great news and see what she thought I should do.  She was in a CPR certification class with all of her co-workers so she asked me to try and take a picture of it so they could all access the damage and see if I needed immediate attention or not.  Now i don't know if you've ever tried taking a selfie of our own teeth before but I can tell you it is a lot harder than you'd think!  I took two different pics and sent them to my council, they reviewed them and reassured me I was going to make it:). So I called the dentist and luckily got an appointment to go have it looked at Monday morning!  I was a little shocked since it's thanksgiving week next week but happy they were able to get me in!

     On the way home, a little lighter than when I'd left, I stopped and picked up some insulation boxes for our outside faucets.  Thankfully by the time I returned the back one had unthawed so hopefully well be okay for now!  So at the end of the day all is well that ends well:). I guess I just have to look at it as if I didn't have Fridays what would I have to talk about?  Without all of these fun little life's lessons they would just be another day!  Hopefully today's lessons are over however as I can only handle a couple a week:)

Remember, even if you think your having the worst day possible there's somebody out there who would trade you days in a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment