Saturday, December 21, 2013

What a week!

     Man oh man what a whirlwind week I had!  It all started with my beloved Dallas Cowboys crumbling in the second half of their game against Green bay and giving away a win that I still can't talk about a week later!  What happened Sunday afternoon is simply inexcusable as a team and embarrassing as a fan, but even after such a horrible loss we still have a chance to make the playoffs!  Oh and as my lovely wife reminds me, there is more to life than Cowboys football:)  The silver lining to my teams collapse was the fact that we had our good friends the Ralstons staying with us for the night on their way over to MT for the holidays.  We had a great time with them, as we always do, and it was capped off my them giving me a mini Cowboys helmet!  It's a pretty cool gift that will surely be sitting right next to my little orange Cowboys fan every single game, and yes I checked to see if it would fit her and it's a hare too small:)
     Monday was spent cooling down from the football game, then packing for a work trip to Klamath Falls, OR.  Dad and I were scheduled to fly down there to work some claims but we knew we were in for a long day when our flight leaving Spokane was delayed an hour.  Any time two Gannon's are on a flight together you expect a certain amount of GL (Gannon Luck) to happen, but even we weren't prepared for what happened this day.  We made it to Portland just fine, an hour behind schedule, but no big deal because our connecting plane into Medford was the same aircraft.  So we went in and got a coffee and loaded right back on the plane.  I was seated in the very last row and in front of me were three flight attendants all dead heading into Medford for a break.  The flight attendant working our flight was in constant communication with these three, leaving me stuck in the middle to eavesdrop everything.  Normally I would have buried myself in a book but all they were talking about was the poor weather conditions in Medford and the chances of us even landing!  Turns out the fog was so bad that a plane coming from Seattle had already turned around and now these four ladies were talking like we had no chance to land either.  This was not really a big deal for me cause we could always come back later for the claims if necessary.  The scary part came when the captain came across the intercom and told us about the fog and that he was going to give it a try anyway.  He began his decent and just as I could start to make out tree tops and cars on the roads he powered back up and pulled back up in the air!  It was probably the eeriest feeling I've ever had being what looked to be a few hundred feet from the ground, then going back up!  We headed back to Portland, where Dad and I made some frantic changes to our schedule and got on a plane back to Spokane and cancelled the rest of our work trip.  I knew we had made the right decision when I spotted this on the plane while we were boarding.
     So because my work trip got cut short I was privileged enough to sit in the dentist chair for 2 1/2 hours and get two of my teeth prepped for crowns!  I chipped a tooth a few weeks ago and needed one crown anyway and they found a good sized cavity on the tooth in front of it so they decided to prep it for a crown also in case I decide to do a bridge.  Anyway, it was not exactly how I had planned on spending my Wednesday afternoon but hey, things could have been worse!  Luckily after the dentist chair I got a day to catch up on some work from home and my week came to a close in a good way, by Curt and his family coming over to visit for the weekend!  I went out and met them all in the valley yesterday and Jen and the kids shopped in the mall while Curt, Dad, and I hit balls at the simulator in Dick's Sporting Goods.  It was pretty cool, we had all three Gannon boys there and we got to show the pro at Dick's three VERY different golf swings that all have similar results!  The pro found himself in a lack of words when our loopy non-traditional swings produced favorable results on the simulator:)  It was a perfect way to end an eventful week!

Remember, sometimes a plan is made just to be broken up and remind us to slow down and enjoy life a bit!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment