Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

     Tis the season to be jolly!  For many of us Christamas is the favorite time of year and I am no exception, I love it!  It is the perfect time of year to get together with those we love and spend some quality time with them.  Maybe part of the reason I love it so much is becasue I usually get two Christmases!  This past weekend my brother Curt and his family were in town for an early Christmas as they are going to be in Butte the rest of this week.  It was great to see them all as we havent all got together in quite a while.  We hung out downtown most of the day Saturday doing some shopping and soaking up the Christmas spirit that the mall had to offer.  Then on Sunday we went over to mom and dad's for a big meal and gifts!  Everyone got really good gifts and even though I think my Dallas Cowboys stocking hat and coaster set was the best gift, Jaxson was the one who was most excited about his Thomas the train pajamas!  I will not soon forget the look on his face as he opened the box and imediately started saying, "train, train, train!"

     Of course once we had them opened we had to model them for everyone!  This is truly what the season is all about, seeing the joy on little kid's faces as they open up a carefully wrapped package with no idea what is inside but overwhelmed with the joy that they got a gift all to themselves, I never tire of watching this.  It makes me remember the true reason for the season which is celebrating the birth of Jesus and spreading peace and good will torwards others.  Doing kind things for others is something I believe is not done nearly enough in this world, I know I need to get better at it, and watching my niece's and nephew's open up their gifts reminds me of the joy something as simple as a pair of pj's can give a child!  I believe we can all learn something from that!  
     Tatum and Matt tearing into gifts!
    Aunt Kelli with her hands full:)

Remember, joy to the world, The Lord has come, let earth receive her king!  Don't let the real reason for the season be forgotten!  Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment