Friday, January 17, 2014

Oh the weather outside is.....



     Well it took getting on a plane, flying to southwest oregon, renting a car and driving over the Crater Lake pass, but I finally found where they were hiding all of the snow!  We have had a very abnormal winter in our neck of the woods, every time it has snowed it's immediately followed with temperatures in the mid to high 30's which just melts all the snow leaving us in a constant state of wet, slushy, frozen conditions.  The one thing I've figured out this winter so far is that the colder temperatures are always a little more acceptable when there's some snow on the ground for you to go out and frolic in!  

     Besides preventing us from enjoying the joys of winter like sledding and snow angels, the severe lacke of snow is beginning to be a major concern for the area farmers as no one seems to be able to predict how their crops are going to do with no moisture in the ground.  Even though I found some snow in the higher elevations of southern Oregon, the experts will tell you there is no where near the amount that there needs to be.


     I never used to pay so much attention to our water needs before I was in the crop insurance business, now I seem to spend more time reading weather related articles then I do Golf Digest!  Some would say that's just what happens when you get older but given my admission to desires of making snow angels I don't think that's the case for me:). 

     So all we can do is continue to pray for snow as it is needed in many areas throughout the country, and know that with an awesome God who can create such a beautiful place as this in control one way or another he will provide!  Don't be fooled by this picture, that's not a lake, it's an eerie layer of fog that I was about to drive into!  Kind of cool:)


Remember, the next time it snows go make a snow angel, we're NEVER too old to have fun in the snow!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment