Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome home Dobsons!

     It's been a while since I've posted anything here because time has been flying by lately! It seems as though we never have enough time in the day, and these are the longest ones of the year!  Alot of really cool things happened in the last week, starting with a visit from our favorite foursome from Spokane, they played through on Friday of last week on their way to Belt and then Glendive to visit Ryans family and attend a wedding in Billings.  They spent the night at our place and we went downtown to the carousel park and walked across the bridge for pizza.  We had a ton of fun in a short amount of time and we were sad to see them leave on Saturday morning.
     Our sorrow was short lived however as Dan and Donna also arrived on Friday for their last visit to Missoula!  They officially closed on their house in Stevensville Monday and have been staying there all week.  Their kind of roughing it for now with a couple of camp chairs, a bed and the tv hooked up to rabbit ears, but this will only be the case for a short while.  The Robson crew is hauling over two 24' trailers tomorrow with all of their belongings.  We had them up to our house for dinner tonight, we're making an effort to carry on some of the things they did in Glendive like a weekly dinner get together, and they seem to be adjusting quite well.  They've met most of their neighbors, explored much of their new hometown, and their even starting to learn their way around our messed up traffic system!  
     Every time we are able to share in the company of our family I am grateful for where we live.  I think about the places we have called home and when I do I realize nowhere else has ever felt this good.  We are conveniently located right in between both of my siblings, less than three hours form my parents, and now Kellis parents are 40 minutes away!  I don't think it's even sunk in for me yet, I keep waiting for them to tell us what day they plan on leaving for home.  What I do know is being able to have them over for dinner and hanging out on the patio is something that I don't think either one of us will ever get tired of!  I do find it rather convenient that Dan has somehow timed this move out so just when they get all settled in all of the rivers in the area will have calmed down and the fishing will be phenomenal!  Maybe thats purely a coincidence but I'm betting not:)
     So regardless of where your family is located in relation to you I hope you fins the time to get together as often as possible, wether thats once a week or whenever time will allow, nothing in this world is more enjoyable than spending quality time with the ones that we love!  


Remember, like the sunlight feeding the blades of grass, your families love surely will help you grow!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, son, well said!;) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete