Friday, March 9, 2012

Ah those were the days!

     The dim glow of the sun was slowly beginning to peer over the horizon as I got out of bed yesterday for what was my final day of work for the week.  As I forcibly sat myself up on the edge of the futon I have laid claim to at Erika and Nicks, every muscle in my body ached from the strain of their use all week.  I have come to notice a pattern as of late where Monday morning I am alert and refreshed, ready to tackle anything thrown in front of me, then slowly as the week progresses my tiring body catches up with me to the point of tying my boots is even exhausting!  Then by the time Thursday evening rolls around and I jump in the truck to come back home to my loving family, I have a 2 1/2 hour drive to give all of those muscles a good chances to stove up, leaving much of the trip spent thinking of ways to fund a hot tub!
     I don't know what happened!  I swear it seems like just the other day I was able to go to bed whenever I felt like it and jump right out of bed feeling like a million bucks!  I understand that I haven't exactly been kind to my body over the years, but it still feels like I am going downhill faster than I went uphill.  It wasn't long ago when a coworker would talk of tweaking something in his body and I would laugh at how it must suck to get old, guess what, it does!  I fully understand now how it is possible to do the right job from the wrong position and then pay for it the rest of the week.  These days the Red Bull in my lunch box has been replaced with some thing far more beneficial, Ibuprofrin.
     Holding true to my personality however I must remain optimistic and understand that all of these days are going towards a greater cause.  Years from now when Kelli and I are enjoying a fresh cup of Kona blend from our lanai overlooking the coast of Kauai, contemplating wether to surf or golf for the day, these aching muscles will be nowhere near my mind!  If I continue to feel like this at the end of my work week though we just might have to speed up the retirement bus and reach that sandy beach sooner than later!  


Remember, everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment