Saturday, March 3, 2012

This girl makes me laugh!

    Kelli and I are getting ready to head over to Bozeman for the weekend to spend some time with friends and do some sight seeing of the Gallatin valley.  So last night while sitting on the couch we were caught up in one of HGTV's house hunters marathons, I know our Friday night sounds awesome, and while watching it we got into a little discussion about wether we would prefer to live in the country or in town.  This one's a no brainer for me as I grew up in the country so I will always feel drawn towards a similar setting, Kelli however grew up in town and for much of the time we've been together has been drawn towards the tree covered streets of a quaint little neighborhood.  
     So for as long as either of us can remember we've been on opposite sides of the spectrum meaning one of us was going to have to compromise.  Every house we've called home in the past seven years has been in town until we bought our current one which is about 8 miles from town yet still within a neighborhood setting.  This house is kind of a blend of both of our tastes, on a corner lot of a section of city like blocks yet far enough out of town to be extremely quiet and calm.  
     I would prefer some acreage for some really valid reasons, a goat to put milk in the fridge, chickens to put eggs in the fridge, and a driving range to put low scores on the board!  Understandably they may not all be practical reasons but never the less I have my reasons.  Surprisingly the longer we live on the outskirts of town, the more Kelli feels like we need some acreage as well.  She is becoming more drawn to the peacefulness and serenity of the country than she is the busyness of living in town.  Don't get me wrong, she still wants to own a condo downtown in the city as a getaway when we're older, but for now she agrees with me that a place in the country fits our needs better.
     I was delighted then last night as we talked about either buying an old farm house and fixing it up or building our dream house on some land, either one would be awesome in my book!  While we were talking about it Kelli says, "I'll live in the country but I'm not shucking any chickens!"  I looked at her funny and began to laugh as she asked, "what, did I get that wrong?"  I told her she can be in charge of plucking the corn then and I'll shuck the chickens, we both shared a good laugh once I told her you actually pluck chickens.  
     One thing is a guarantee, wherever we live we will always make each other laugh and theres no home setting in the world that can make up for that.  We have proven that we can be happy in nearly any living situation as long as we have each other.  I love this girl, she makes me laugh:)


Remember, a house becomes a home when it's filled with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment