Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Madness!!

     This could be the best month of sports for the entire year in my opinion!  March Madness followed by the Masters, how does it get any better than that?!  Every year around the first week of April I find myself remembering all of the good times I had as a younger lad, I know there are a few readers of this blog who have attended one of the infamous JAG Jams!  For those of you who haven't let me fill you in, each year for I don't know how long, my parents put on a final four party at our house in Glendive and coined it the JAG Jam.  These parties were always a good time for everybody and I looked forward to them every year.  The best years were those where the final four and the Masters fell on the same weekend and Action would have three tv's going, two showing the basketball and one showing the golf.  Many times given the status of the golf tourney you would find a half a dozen men huddled around a small 19" tv setting on the work bench and I would weasel my way in between them and the bench, standing two inches from the tv made it feel like I was actually on the course!
     These get togethers would usually start long before the basketball games did and we would barbecue and socialize until the action started.  Long after all of the sporting action was over the cover to the hot tub came off and the socializing would continue long into the night.  Ironically the same hot tub is still in commission at the JAG residents, still going strong some 25+ years later!  I don't know exactly how many people were there, probably 20 or so, but when I think back it seems more like the entire town was in attendance!  
     I have so many fond memories of not only the JAG Jam's but all of the other get togethers we would host.  Those days are such an important part of my childhood, not only are they some of the fondest but I believe they helped mold me into the fun loving social butterfly I am today!  I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull off a gathering that will rival some of GG and Actions, the bar was set pretty high!  Kelli and I don't have anything major planned for this weekends final four, other than watching it here at home, but who knows maybe next year we'll be hosting the first annual KGK Classic:)  


Remember, quality time with family and friends will always create lasting memories!

1 comment:

  1. awwww…thanks for the memories, son…..I LOVE reading your blog. They most often make my heart swell and the tears run (of course, the tears run all of the time! ha ha) You're amazing! I LOVE YOU! and KELLI, TOO!

    ReplyDelete