Monday, March 26, 2012

Could always be worse

     My weekend is officially over and Im heading out the door for another week of work across the divide.  Our sidewalk project did not go as well as we had hoped, the weather held out for us but it turns out my ability to make concrete and flat rocks blend is not as high as I'd hoped it would be.  Even though it didn't turn out like we had wanted it too it is better than the muddy soup hole we had before and it will work until we decide what to do with it.
     The majority of our weekend was spent outside as the weather was next to perfect!  We both love this time of year in Montana, Kelli says April and May are the only two months where it's not too cold or too hot it's just right!  I agree with her, the spring like temperatures get something flowing in all of us that gets us yearning to spend more time outdoors.  
     As good as our weekend was once again on Sunday I started to feel a little sorry for myself that I would be leaving soon.  With all the good weather it is harder to leave for the week knowing that I will be missing out on some of the best conditions of the year to spend with the one I love outdoors.  As I was going through the paper though my self pity was wiped away with the turn of a page.  In a good sized add in the sports section a stageline company who normally runs tour busses throughout the state is now offering roundtrip non stop tickets directly from Missoula to Williston.  I was shocked!!  I can tell you this, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they are offering this, you can bet it's not all of the wonderful sight seeing Williston has to offer!  As I looked at the ad and thought about all of the people who are leaving their families for much longer than four days and they are going to a far worse place than Bozeman, MT, I almost slapped myself for even thinking that I had it bad.  No one wants to travel for work but in the grand scheme of things I have it pretty darn good.  I can think of lots of people who have far more hectic travel schedules than I do and get to spend far less time with the ones they love!
     So after reading that I now eagerly head out the door for another week, ok maybe not eagerly, but at least I leave now with a little better perspective on just how bad things could actually be.  I consider myself lucky to not only be able to utilize my abilities in my career field but to also be able to come home every weekend.  Things truly could be much worse! 


Remember, time spent apart only makes you cherish time spent together that much more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment