Friday, March 16, 2012

All you can do is laugh

     Another week in Bozeman is in the books as I got home late last night, I had to stop at Wheat Montana on my way home and repipe a propane line for them, so I didn't get home until after midnight.  All in all it was a good week and I got to cap it off by stopping in and visiting with Curt and Jen for a bit which was fun.  I also got to see their personal Gremlin, Bandit, he is such a cute little ball of fur and he strikingly resembles the furry little creatures from the 80's movie!
     Erika and Nick have a small dog similar to Bandit, her name is Marly and she is equally as cute as Bandit, full of energy and eager to lick anyones face who comes within range.  Nick was in California for training all week so Erika and I, having coined ourselves as the oldest orphans in the state, were invited to one of their friends house for dinner on Monday.  Since the friends who were hosting our meal have two labs Marly got to go along for a play date.  So we hopped into Nicks SUV and headed over, Marly was riding in my lap fixated on the open road ahead of us.  About half way there, with her front paws up on the dash, I looked down and noticed something strange on my jacket.  I told Erika, "Um, I think your dog just shit on me!"  Erika quickly replied, "Oh no, Marly!  I'm sorry, she does that sometimes"  She directed Marly to the back seat and luckily the accident was not messy at all, I just opened the door and it rolled right out on the fly, no harm no fowl as far as I was concerned, except for the "she does that sometimes"!  Erika went on to explain how Marly had been doing this off and on for a while and she even asked her vet about it that same day and he really didn't have an answer.  The weirdest part of the whole thing is Marly doesn't even know she does it!  Erika said she bought her some different dog food in an attempt to change things up a bit since the vet didn't have any other suggestions so hopefully that works!  Marly went on with her evening like nothing had happened as her disorder, ghost poopy, left no signs of an issue.  
     These kind of things happen to us Gannon's enough for us to understand that all you can really do is laugh about it.  Besides, it's not like she did it on purpose, I just hope they get it figured out so Marly can get back to licking faces and barking at dogs on tv without leaving little nuggets around the house!  So the next time your having a really bad day and you find yourself in a state of self pity, cheer up, somebody out there is literally getting crapped on!  Things could always be worse!:)


Remember, you know you've had a good day if you've laughed until it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment