Friday, March 23, 2012

Timing is everything!

     I have decided it's official, Mother Nature hates me!  After spending another week over in Bozeman working, I came home anticipating a weekend full of spring time activities.  Even though I drove over Monday morning in blizzard conditions, the sun returned quickly and the rest of the week was beautiful.  A quick check of the weekend forecast for Missoula led me to believe that I might finally be able to pour the concrete walkway in front of our house.  So this afternoon we headed into Home Depot and bought enough quick crete to get the job done.  As we drove home I thought, this might not be that bad of a project after all, i should have kept those pesky thoughts to myself because I no sooner began setting up forms and it started raining.
     Normally this on again off again rainy weather wouldn't be a big deal but I have to go back to Bozeman on Monday so my time is short.  I should be used to this by now, it seems as though every time I even think about the word concrete it begins to rain, if I could prove this theory I would be a very rich man to some farmers!  Like a trooper though I finished prepping the pathway in the torrential downpour, okay maybe it was just a drizzle, and now all I have to do is wait for a window of opportunity.  I just hope that window comes before Sunday evening!  Heres hoping Mother Natures plans for sunny weather start to match up with my days off.  


Remember, life is a garden, dig it:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment