Friday, April 27, 2012

A great day to be a Cowboy!!

     I was driving home from work last night while the NFL draft was taking place at Radio City in New York.  I knew that the Cowboys had a late pick in the first round so I wasn't expecting much but I hopped on the team website anyway.  I was shocked to find that everybody's favorite owner, Jerry Jones, had traded up to the sixth overall pick and drafted Morris Claiborne!  Every year the Jones's surprise me during the offseason with all of the changes they pull of but this one is easily the biggest move that I can remember them making in my lifetime.
     For those of you who don't know who Morris Claiborne is allow me to fill you in, he is easily the highest ranked defensive player in the draft in my opinion.  What he lacks in size for a cornerback, he's only 5'11" 188lbs, he makes up for with speed and an uncanny nose for the football.  Nicknamed the honey badger for his quickness and aggressiveness, he really doesn't give a s*#t!  I've watched him play a few games and seen a bunch of tape on him and he tracks the ball better than most veteran corners.  
     If you've talked to me during the football season any one of the last few years you have likely heard me complaining about our secondary.  We have had a weak secondary for a very long time!  SO naturally this draft is a very exciting one for all Cowboys fans!!  Every big game we lost this year was blamed on the offense by the media, clearly they didn't notice that almost every loss this year came form a lead our defense gave up!  
     I know there will be lots of people who don't think this draft will make us a better team but as a true blue die hard I'm already planning my trip to New Orleans!  I've always wanted to check out the gulf coast, what better way to do so than to watch my Cowboys win number six!!  It truly is a great day to be a Cowboy!!


Remember, keep your hopes and dreams alive, never stop believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment