Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Summertime!

Kelli and I spent last weekend over in Spokane helping mom and dad move into their new house. It was a perfectly blended weekend of fun and work as we spent saturday moving and Sunday walked in the breast cancer awareness walk. With mother being a survivor this was a pretty special day! We even found time for a hot tub date with our favorite little 3 year old T-bug!
On the way home Sunday we kept talking about all of the summer plans we have and our weekends began to fill up rather quickly! Between Curt and Jens remodel, golf tourneys, camping trips, weddings, and our own never ending house projects, it seems as though summer is already booked! I'm sure there's a free weekend or two in there somwhere but I can't find them!
Even though we have been blessed with some early summer weather as of late I'm sure this summer will be like the rest of them and blow right by. I don't know if it's because we continue to get busier each year, but every summer seems to be shorter than I would like! If you'd of asked me ten years ago I would have told you summer lasted about four months, now I'm more inclined to lean towards four weeks!
Either way this is clearly my most enjoyable time of year. For those of us who live in parts of the country where winters sometimes seem to override spring and fall, we cherish those preshous days of summer more than ever! We make the most of each and every one because we know that the next snowfall is just around the corner!
So make an effort to get out there and enjoy your summertime, wether it's four weeks or four months long doesn't matter, all that does is making the most of it! I know I'm going to!

Remember, Enjoy each day to the fullest, rain or shine!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment