Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Angels Day!!

     Don't worry, there hasn't been another holiday to add to your planner, I have simply changed the name of todays more commonly known Mothers day.  You see I have been blessed to be brought into this world by a person who is more than just a mother, she truly is an angel!  I'm sure all of us could argue that at some point each of our own mothers have taken on angelic qualities during certain stages of our lives.  My mother however holds a very special place in my heart not only because of her bringing me into this world, but also for her desire to keep me in this world!
     On July 16th 1977, on a warm summer day in the Adrian valley, Georgia Lea Gannon became a mother for the first time.  She had been an angel long before that day however as that is a quality that she herself was brought into this world with.  She went on to become a mother two more times and with the love and support of her husband she did an amazing job of raising these three children with honest, faith filled beliefs.  Many years later her first born son found himself heading down a very bad path and try as she might she couldn't convince him to trust her and change his ways.  One fateful evening, coincidentally her birthday, this mother relied on her angelic gifts and completely turned her own sons fate over to God.  The events which followed that evening appeared horrible on the surface, but the son and his mother both knew it was a blessing in disguise.  Days after the accident the mother would reveal to her son how she turned his life over to the Lord and trusted that He would do the right thing and the son simply wept as he could see his mothers angelic qualities like never before!  From that day forward he would turn his life around and things were never to be the same again.
     So now you can see why I changed the name of one of our annual holidays.  Since that day whenever I'm around my mother I am reminded of what she has done for me.  Our hugs last much longer now than they used to, she always cries when we leave, sometimes even I do too.  Many of us are very lucky to have the best mothers we could imagine, what some of us never understand is they are really our own personal guardian angels watching over us every step of the way.   So the next time you call your mother to say hi, don't forget to tell her that you love her, that is the least we can do for all that she has done for us!


Remember, a hug from your mother will make your heart swell with love!

1 comment:

  1. awww…thank you, Kyle….you are too kind. I simply did the best job I could do, like most mothers do. And, I am blessed beyond belief with my amazing family. To say I am so very grateful, is an understatement. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete