Saturday, May 5, 2012

Roller coaster of a day!

     What an up and down day we had yesterday!  The Dobsons were in town on a mission to narrow down their house selections to one and make an offer.  They had five houses to look at yesterday including one in Stevensville which they'd looked at once before.  They were really interested in this one so I was going to activate my new iphone and then meet them down there to check out the mechanical systems for them.  I can't blame them for wanting the in-family plumber to look at the plumbing, you never know what your getting into if you don't.  So about the time I arrived at the AT&T store to activate my phone the GL began to take over.  
     Kelli and I had received a letter in the mail waiving our activation fee but when I took it into the store they accepted the letter but told me I was unauthorized to do anything to our family plan.  So let me get this straight, my names on the account, they have my SSN for security purposes, but just because Kellis the account holder I can't do anything to the account?  Then why the heck do you have my SSN?  I was a bit frustrated as an AT&T rep had told me on the phone the night before that I was authorized and activating it in a store myself would be no issue.  Never the less the people in the store were very helpful and they told me how to activate it myself by calling in.  So I called in and after giving all of the info to the lady on the phone, who sounded like she was still in the process of learning the English language, she asked me to hold for one moment while the switch was made and we got disconnected.
     There I sat in the Hastings parking lot at 10:17 with a meeting time with the Dobsons of 10:45 and two cell phones in my lap, neither of which in working order!  We had gotten far enough along in the process to where my old phone had been taken out of service but the new phone had not been fully activated.  I made a quick decission to run to Kellis office and use her phone and when I called back and got a different English language student she was shocked at what i was telling her, "huh, that never happens" is what she told me.  Gritting my teeth I thought, "never is not a word the Gannons use in their vocabulary!"  This new lady finally got my new phone activated and I headed down to meet Dan and Donna at 10:48, right on time!  It all worked out though because they could stay in the house until about noon.
     Proving to be a typical roller coaster Friday, the day drastically improved as Dan and Donna made an offer on the house in Stevensville!  It was very cute to see them act like a couple of giddy youngsters at the house, excited about every little detail and feature.  I think they are very excited about it and I hope things work out price wise and they end up there.  It really is the perfect house for the two of them.  I know they are probably both scared and excited right now but we are eager for them to get over her so we can help them enjoy every thing this part of the world has to offer.  I've already got both fishing and golfing days planned for Dan and I and I know Kelli's eager to decorate that new house with her mother!
     They headed back to Glendive today as they have tons of packing to do yet so now we eagerly play the waiting game and hope all of the numbers fall where they need to be!


Remember, where you live is not nearly important as how you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment