Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reason #78

     I know this may seem silly to some people, but I seem to come up with another reason I love this girl every week!  I guess after 6 years of marriage that is probably a really good sign!  Well reason #78 why I love this girl is a good one!
     Monday when I got home from work Kelli had been pinteresting for a bit, if you don't know what pinterest is by now then you've been living under a rock for the past few months as it is the hottest thing on the world wide web since Facebook, and while she was on there she told me she had found the perfect addition for our dream house we are going to build.  We often talk about the fact that in order to get everything we both would like in a home we are probably going to have to build our own, I've always wanted to follow in my fathers footsteps and do this anyway so I think it's a great idea!  If we ever do build a house it will most likely have a loft or upstairs for a master suite, Kelli's idea she found on pinterest was to build a slide next to the stairs so you have the option of starting your day off by sliding to the bottom! How cool would that be?!  I know everyone who's reading this, wether they would admit it or not, has a burning desire to tap into our inner child every time were at the park but we usually don't simply because it's rather awkward for a 30+ year old to share the line with a bunch of 8 year olds!  So how nice would it be to have your very own slide to go down every single morning!?  
     The enthusiasm Kelli showed for this slide made me smile as she debated over wether or not she liked the straight slide or the spiral one better.  I only hope that we actually do get the chance to build a house someday so I get the opportunity to make her dreams come true.  Reason #78 then is one of my favorites, she keeps me young at heart!  It may be hard to believe but even I struggle at times with falling too deeply into the daily grind of all of the responsibilities we have in our life and need a little reminder of the bigger picture.  Kelli has an uncanny ability of bringing me out of that trap seemingly without even knowing I'm there!  That is just another one of the many reasons I love this girl! 
     We have an exciting weekend coming up as we've been invited to go sailing on Flathead with some friends, sleep on the boat, and then go over to "the biggest little rodeo of the year" in Helmville!  Should be a great weekend filled with fun, sun, and friends!  Ironically Jill and Ryan and the gang will be on Flathead also as they are headed to the same bible camp Jill went to when she was a kid!  I hope you all have something fun planned with family or friends for our last summer holiday of the year!  

Remember, don't stop going down the slide just because everyone else has, break away from the norm and act like a kid again!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment