Monday, August 27, 2012

Renewed!

Kelli and I found time to unwind from our hectic summer schedule as we took this past week to complete the refurbishing of the secretary's desk that used to be my grandmothers, was housed by my mother for years, and now resides in our office. The pictures don't really do justice to how much detail is in this old piece of furniture! On more than one occasion we both just had to set down the sand paper and take a break before frustration set in! Thankfully though we stuck with it, giving the timeless piece a modern spin by painting it black and reusing the original hardware.
After putting the finishing touches on it we moved the desk inside so my in house Tetris master, Kelli, can start trying to find a way for an entire office to fit inside a desk that was designed to hold only stationary and a pen! I know she enjoys a good challenge, this thing will require every one of her skills be put to use! I hope it works out as repurposing an old piece of furniture feels even more gratifying when it's a family heirloom:)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Kelli and Kyle…you two did an amazing job on the desk! I LOVE the results! I'm so glad you are going to use and enjoy it! Beautiful piece of work!!

    ReplyDelete