Monday, January 23, 2012

Footballs over!

     I know what your thinking when you read that title, how can football be over when they have yet to play the Super Bowl?  Well if you don't already know this I happen to be one of the last remaining die hard Cowboys fans alive, so football as I know it was over when we failed to close out the season after the Giants gave us every opportunity possible to win the NFC East.  As much as the tail end of the 2011 seasons failures continues to sting, the true die hard Cowboys fans will quickly force those thoughts deep into the back of our brains and look forward to next year, a mind set which has been played out every January since 2000 when arguably the best quarterback in the history of the franchise hung it up.  With some brief calculations one could conclude then that we have now had 11 rebuilding years, all of you band wagon fans hold on to your jerseys though, next years our year! 
     As far as this year goes, congratulations to both the Giants and Patriots for returning to the games grandest stage for a rematch of Super Bowl XLII, I for one think this time around will not be quite as exciting of a game.  The Giants once again are peaking at the most opportune time, and the Pat's have yet to display anything resembling a stellar defensive performance.  I don't think I am alone when I say that the rematch America would have rather seen was a rematch of the brothers bowl between the Harbaughs, would have created a much better story line, maybe I am a little biased though as my loathing of the Giants penetrates to my core.  Once again, I will be tuning into the biggest game of the year strictly for the commercials, let's hope those improve from last year as well!  
     So if your team is like mine and your in the middle of yet another rebuilding year, good luck in the upcoming draft, if your a fan of one of this years Super Bowl teams, please stop following me.  I'm kidding of course, I'm still just a little bitter about the way this season came to an end for Americas Team, but hey, theres always next year!


Remember, if nothing goes right, go left!
      

1 comment: