Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life's changes

     Last night, while relaxing on the couch with the one that I love, I couldn't help but notice how certain changes have gone seemingly unnoticed in my life.  Kelli was heavily involved in a crafting project, a birthday gift for our niece, and I was fixated on the AFC playoff battle on the television.  When Kel finished her project the game had gotten out of hand so we changed the channel and began viewing the Miss America pageant.  As we watched the program I realized that we have watched nearly every one of these for as long as we've been together.  The show has become somewhat of a tradition in our house now as we usually choose a couple favorite states and cheer them on as the competition slowly grows smaller.  Eight years ago if you'd have caught me watching the Miss America pageant I would have expected you to place me on a bus with a one way ticket to Warm Springs!  
     As we awaited the results of this years winner I realized that both of us have made some changes in life that have turned out to be a few of the funnest times we spend together.  For instance, eight years ago I would argue that Kelli couldn't even tell you what color the Dallas Cowboys jerseys were, now she can not only name half the roster, she's also on hand every game day with me donning her team apparel.
     I guess the moral of todays story is that it doesn't matter if some of our viewing pleasures change throughout life, as long as we are willing to make those changes for the ones we love.  So ladies, don't be afraid to admit to your girlfriends that you spent your Sunday afternoon with team colors and face paint on, and guys, don't be afraid to admit to your buddies that you spent your evening cuddling on the couch watching a Kardashian marathon.   The compromises we make for the ones that we love should not require the approval of our peers.


Remember, live with an open mind, love with an open heart!  



No comments:

Post a Comment