Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Patience

     Today my Mother goes under the knife for a lumpectomy to remove the breast cancer she has acquired.  Everyone who is close to her has known this day was coming for a couple weeks now, but none of us could have expected the enormous amount of waiting involved!  Before her surgery they wanted to run one more MRI to determine exactly whats going to be involved.  So Dad, Jill, and Aunt Linda, otherwise known as team "GG kicks cancers ass", all wait patiently awaiting the doctors final word on whats going to happen.  My patience has been tested lately, between Mothers cancer and my lack of work, I find myself praying for patience daily.  Many times over the past few months my patience has been tested to it's limits as I almost find myself willing a good job to present itself to me.  It has also grown thin at times as my lack of a paycheck continues to take a toll on my families lifestyle.     
     Webster's defines patience as enduring trouble without complaining, or calmly tolerating delay or confusion.  When I closely examine this description I am amazed at how accurately depicts what is happening in my life.  Mothers cancer obviously being the trouble, and my work being the delay/confusion.  I pridefully admit that since Mother told me she had cancer, I've never once complained about her situation or the way it will affect me.  I only hope that as she undergoes her treatments that I can continue to be patient as she works towards recovery.  I have told Kelli many times since being laid off that I am confused as to what to do for future employment.  Becoming a plumber has always been the career field to which felt right to me, it pays decent and up until recently I have never had trouble staying busy.  However, we have both known that just like any other skilled trade, steady work is heavily dependent on a steady economy.  So I find myself in a constant effort to remain patient as I calmly allow this current delay in my work pass by.
     When people say that patience is a virtue, they mean it!  Each day I wake up and there are no new replies form the many jobs I've applied for, or I read my Mothers blog and remember that she is still fighting, it becomes more difficult to remain patient.  I simply say a quick prayer however, asking God to help me to remain calm as his plan is acted out.


Remember, we cannot force results, but with patience we will prevail.     

No comments:

Post a Comment